Ingredients for Okra and Chicken Stir Fry
- 3 tablespoons and 2 tablespoons of oil separated
- 5 chicken drumsticks
- 3 tablespoons and 1 tablespoon of chilli flakes separated
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons and 1 teaspoon salt separated
- 1 ½ cups Okra sliced down the middle
- 1 red onion (roughly chopped)
- 1 green pepper (roughly chopped)
- 1 red pepper (roughly chopped)
- 1 pandan leaves
- Few curry leaves
- ¼ cup of water
- Put a wok on a stove set on medium-high heat; and add the vinegar, water, chilli flakes and powder and salt. Bring it to a boil then add the chicken and cover with a lid to boil and cook.
- Once the chicken is cooked and the vinegar and chilli mixture has reduced add the 3 tablespoons of oil and cook until the chicken is thoroughly coated.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and add the 2 tablespoons oil into the same wok. Let it heat up, then add the curry leaves and pandan leaves.
- Wait a few minutes for the curry leaves to crisp up and add the Okra, salt and chilli flakes. cook until the Okra is tender.
- Then add the onions and the red and green peppers and cook for 2 minutes, don’t let it soften too much.
- Then add the chicken back in and mix on the stove for a while until heated back up again.
- Serve hot and enjoy 😊
Need more ideas…. Check our previous Posts 👇⬇️️
- Thai sweet, sour and spicy fishThai sweet, sour and spicy fish
- Ghee Rice RecipeRice is a staple food in Sri Lanka and there are various recipes which either calls for direct use of rice or in its other…
- CREAMY ROASTED TOMATO SOUPAn easy and creamy roasted tomato soup full of incredible flavours. Enjoy the soup with a slice of cheesy rosemary garlic bread or a sandwich…
- Ultimate Seeni Sambol RecipeThis ultimate Seeni Sambol recipe has been passed down to me by my mother. The beauty of this is that it is yummy with roti,…
- How to make Cauliflower Curry that tastes like ChickenCooking Tips: Finely chopped onions for the best flavour. The finely chopped onions along with the diced tomatoes are crucial for creating the base for this…