Cooking Tips: Finely chopped onions for the best flavour. The finely chopped onions along with the diced tomatoes are crucial for creating the base for this cauliflower curry.
The number of spices used. When you add the spices in, it will look like it’s a bit too much, but I assure you that you’ll need it all to bring out the best curry flavour.
Fry the spices, garlic and ginger long enough until they become fragrant. This is essential to bringing out the best taste in all those spices you’re adding along with chilli powder and SL curry powder.
Make it spicier by adding green chillies when you sauté the spices, ginger, garlic and onions. You can also double up on the red chilli if you’d like.
- Thai sweet, sour and spicy fishThai sweet, sour and spicy fish
- Ghee Rice RecipeRice is a staple food in Sri Lanka and there…
- CREAMY ROASTED TOMATO SOUPAn easy and creamy roasted tomato soup full of incredible…
- 1 medium-size cauliflower cut into small pieces
- 2 Sized medium tomatoes diced
- 1 large onion finely chopped
- 3 green chillies finely chopped
- 2-3 cloves
- 2-3 pods of cardamom
- 3 tablespoons of ginger paste
- A handful of curry leaves
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 pandan leaf cut into small pieces
- 1 lemongrass cut into small pieces
- 3-4 tablespoons of chilli powder
- 2-3 tablespoons of unroasted curry powder
- 2-3 tablespoons of roasted curry powder
- 2 teaspoons of turmeric powder
- 3 teaspoons of salt
- 5 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons of tamarind puree
- ½ cup of thick coconut milk
- First, cut the cauliflower and wash it with salt water and keep it aside.
- Then, finely chop the onions, green chillies and dice the tomatoes. Cut the pandan leaf and lemongrass at the same time.
- Heat a pan with oil and add in cloves, cardamom and ginger, garlic paste.
- Once they release the fragrance, add in the curry leaves pandan leaf, lemongrass, bay leaf and onions,sauté until they are golden in colour.
- Then, add in the chopped tomato and mix well. Fry the tomatoes until they are tender.
- Now its time to add in the turmeric powder, curry powders & chilli powder.
- After a few seconds, add in tamarind puree.
- Next, add in the cauliflower and stir well. Now it is the time to add in the coconut milk.
- Then, cover and cook until the veggie is tender and soft. This will take about 5-7 minutes.
- Finally, add in salt as per your taste.
Serve alongside your steamed rice & enjoy!