Ingredients for Okra and White Potato Curry
- 500g boiled potatoes, cut into cubes
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 250g Okra halved lengthways
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 3 sliced green chillies
- 1 tsp mustard paste
- 1 tsp ground fennel seeds
- 1½ tsp ground coriander
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- A handful of curry leaves, pandan leaves
- ½ cup of thick coconut milk
- ¼ tsp lemon juice
Put the potatoes in a pan of salted boiling water and boil until the potatoes are soft and tender. Then cut into cubes and keep it aside.
Heat the oil in a large pan and add in the onion and green chillies and sauté for 5-7 minutes. Add in the curry leaves, pandan leaves and fry for 3-4 minutes.
Then add in the ground fennel seeds, ground coriander, mustard paste, salt and turmeric, then cook, stirring for 2-3 minutes. If it starts to stick, add a splash of water.
Finally, add in the boiled potatoes and Okra. Add the coconut milk and simmer for 15 minutes. Squeeze in the lemon juice and serve hot.
Enjoy… Join our Facebook group for more tips and recipes
Need more ideas…. Check our previous Posts 👇⬇️️
- Thai sweet, sour and spicy fishThai sweet, sour and spicy fish
- Ghee Rice RecipeRice is a staple food in Sri Lanka and there are various recipes which…
- CREAMY ROASTED TOMATO SOUPAn easy and creamy roasted tomato soup full of incredible flavours. Enjoy the soup…
- Ultimate Seeni Sambol RecipeThis ultimate Seeni Sambol recipe has been passed down to me by my mother.…