Indian Murukku with sesame seeds
Ingredients for Indian Murukku with sesame seeds
- 2 cups of rice flour
- 5 tablespoons gram flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons of melted butter
- 2 tablespoons roasted sesame seeds
- A pinch of fennel seeds
- 1/4 cup of room temperature water
- Oil to deep fry.
- Mix all the ingredients except water. Then add water gradually until the mixture becomes a ball. ( Like string hopper mixture).
- Pour oil in a pan and put a small dough ball to test whether the oil is hot enough to drop. (It should fry).
- Take a piece of oil-paper and keep it on the tabletop, then using the string hopper maker ( with a bigger hole) do your shape according to the picture.
- Finally, take the Murukku to your hand and drop it in the hot oil and fry until golden brown.
Enjoy… Join our Facebook group for more tips and recipes