Today’s dish is a garlic and fenugreek seed curry; it is an ideal dish to serve along-side steamed white rice and is an excellent fit for a light lunch or dinner. Below are the simple steps for Garlic and Fenugreek seed curry, which has so many health benefits
- 300g garlic peeled sliced
- 3 tablespoons Fenugreek seeds
- 2 teaspoons thick coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon unroasted curry powder
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 green chili chopped
- 1 medium-sized onion chopped
- some curry leaves/ pandan leaves cut into small pieces
- ¼ cup of water
- Put garlic into a pan and add in everything except coconut milk and oil.
- Mix well and close, and cook for 10 minutes until garlic is cooked or until the water gets evaporated.
- Then add in the coconut milk and cook for another minute or two.
- Finally, put the oil and let it stir fry for two to three minutes and take it off and serve hot.
Believe me; this curry tastes so good and healthy.
Enjoy… Join our Facebook group for more tips and recipes
Nutrients play an essential role in the functioning and development of the human body. A diet that is taken by an organism should be balanced, and it must contain an adequate amount of all the necessary nutrients required for healthy growth and development. Furthermore, incorporating spices into our meals is one way that we can keep our immunity level high which is important.
Today, I am going to discuss the health benefits of garlic and fenugreek seeds that we need to intake in our daily meals. Garlic is an indispensable ingredient in cookery. It is traditionally used as a spice, especially in Asian cuisine, and is well known for its medicinal properties with varied pharmacological functions.
The major components of garlic include allicin, ajoene, various allyl sulfides, Sallylmercaptocysteine, linoleic acid, selenium, and quercetin(Sengupta, Ghosh, Bhattacharjee, & Das, 2004). The recent findings on garlic show that it has sulfur-containing compounds that aid in preventing cardiovascular diseases and cancer.
Similarly, fenugreek has a history of use as a traditional medicine in India and China. These magical seeds have a medicinal property that controls high blood glucose and lipid levels in people with diabetes. Furthermore, Singletary (2017) suggests that fenugreek seeds are the best treatment for weakness, lactation, appetite stimulant, a remedy for indigestion, baldness, and fever. However, the main potential benefit of fenugreek is improving elevated blood glucose levels and lipid levels associated with chronic conditions such as diabetes and obesity.
Need more ideas…. Check our previous Posts 👇⬇️️
- Thai sweet, sour and spicy fishThai sweet, sour and spicy fish
- Ghee Rice RecipeRice is a staple food in Sri Lanka and there are various recipes which either…
- CREAMY ROASTED TOMATO SOUPAn easy and creamy roasted tomato soup full of incredible flavours. Enjoy the soup with…
- Ultimate Seeni Sambol RecipeThis ultimate Seeni Sambol recipe has been passed down to me by my mother. The…